Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Praha, Paris, and home

Ok, so I'm actually at home writing this, as many of you may know and probably stopped reading.  Prague (Praha) was great!!! It really has a different feel to it than any other city we visited in Europe.  It's medieval architecture was something to be marveled! It had the high walled cities and the big gothic cathedrals with wonderful stained glass work!
We tried to have at least one traditional meal everywhere we went.  Danielle and I ate at a cute little place not too far from Prague castle.  I had roasted duck and she had chicken.  They both came on cabbage with dumplings.  Very good! We both also got a Pilsner to go with it.
Our hostel was amazing!!! It had a very modern bar and decorations along with very nice rooms and bathrooms.  It was close to a very very yummy pastery and sandwhich shop!
I flew from Prague to Paris and had a long layover in the airport there so I went and explored Paris alone.  It was awesome! A little on the dirty side, but you can't really complain about sitting in the Centre Pompideau and eating a Nutella crepe!  I saw the Louvre, Eiffle Tower, Centre Pompideu, Les Infediels, and Arc De Triumph.  I was sad, because the Tour de France had just ended two days before I got there!!!! They were still taking down  chairs!! Maybe next tour I'll see.
Sleeping in the airports was less than exciting, but well worth it.  Now I'm home and bored out of my mind. Here are a few things that I will miss most:

Not tipping
Being able to buy liquor anywhere
Efficient public transportation
Yummy food
Danielle and Megan
Meeting new people from around the world
Free book exchanges
Pasteries for breakfast
Delicious coffee
cafes
Taking my time
Besos (if that's how you spell it)


Things I like most about being home:

free public restrooms
cheap food
free water
family/friends
driving my car (which I haven't done yet)
free internet
using my phone

would I do it all again? you betcha!! working on planning my next trip! who wants to come w/?

No comments:

Post a Comment