Friday, July 9, 2010

Florence

Ahhh..ok dont have much time on my internet card!! Florence has been great! We are leaving for Roma in a few hours! The mosquitos are better here! Our hostel is AMAZING! They have turkish bath, indoor pool, sauna, and a roof top terrace bar with an amazing view of the city! We went to the Duomo and went inside, it was beautiful! We also went to the Santa Croce church, which houses the tombs of famous Italians such as Machiavelli, Gallelao, Michaelangelo, and Donatello.  It was very very cool! Lots of pictures.  We went to the Italian leather mart!!!!! I bought a smaller purple leather bag, I had to hold back I wanted so much more, but I know Rome will be expensive.  There is a public service worker strike today so all of the musuems, trains, and such are closed today...Thank goodness our train is NOT cancelled but the smaller trips are. These Europeans and their strikes!! Ok, I will write soon, and hopefully post pictures! Chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment