Saturday, July 3, 2010

Who peed in my sleeping bag?

Danielle told me on the Metro yesterday that the Spanish version of ´´who put the cookie in the cookie jar¨´ is ´¨who peed in my sleeping bag¨¨ I thought that was very funny.  I had a slight language mistake yesterday.  Danielle walked away from me for a second...and of course that is when a sales lady at Corte Ingles (kind of like Macy´´s) approaches me and I think she is asking me to try the shirt on so i say si.  Before I know it I am purchasing the shirt...I frantically look for Danielle so I can wave her over, and eventually we got it all figured out.  I still bought the shirt, but it´s too big, so i need to take it back which i´m sure will cause all sorts of problems.  Yesterday, we took out the boats at parque de retiro (i will put up pics soon) and it was a LOT of fun! That is my favorite place in Madrid so far.  I am in pursuit of finding a cheap fan (everyone carries them...very steriotypical spanish woman style fans).  It´s so hot here, but last night it got down to the 70s.   We went to a real spanish party last night at gonzalo´s friend´s house.  I was nervous about going because I knew most people would not know english.  I still had a lot of fun drinking homemade sangria and talking to the few people that spoke english.  We had to take a cab home,which was an experience in it´s self!  The cab drive was driving upwards of 140 km-hr (i dunno how many miles that converts to, but around those small curvy streets...it seemed very fast), but he was very nice.  When Danielle tried to pay him, he wasn´t paying attention, and finally he said Oh! Sorry, I was looking at the gays (there is a HUGE gay pride parade today).  It was very funny.

Today we are meeting up with Danielle´s friend and going to the parade, then watching the Espana game vs. Paraguay (i´m torn, but rooting for spain since i´m here).  I promised Gonzalo I would try some sort of spanish specialty that is pork mixed with pig blood and onions then friend and stuffed in it´s own organs and then fried again then put on a sandwhich....apparently it´s very good.  It´s like a blood sausage...I´ll let you know how that goes.  Should be a fun day, i´ll try to put some pics up in a bit!

1 comment: